Saturday, January 29, 2011

CONFIDENCE!

Yesterday morning, I received a strong message I know I am supposed to share.  It began with a quote I read:

In faith, we stumble along, toward where we think we're supposed to go,
bumbling along,
and here is what's so amazing --
we end up getting where we're supposed to be.
--Anne Lamott in Traveling Mercies

It stays with me.  I need to open my heart each morning to the gifts that will come during the day ahead.  I vowed, with God's grace, to pay attention to what's happening in the daily events of my life, and to delight in the lovely things that will unfold.

I also see that God is taking all my loved ones and friends to exactly where He wants them too -- through all their stumbling along too. I find myself praying for you all in a different way, a more HOPEFUL way, reinforced with the truth that He's along all your journeys too!  I am praying for you all, and all my family too, with a smile in my heart, SURE that He is getting all of us to where we're supposed to be!

A scripture reading yesterday was Hebrews 10:32-39.  God telling us to remember that after we have been "enlightened" (for me, this is the reception of the baptism of the Holy Spirit) then we endured a great contest of suffering.


I certainly have seen this in my life!  Oh my goodness, let's don't go there again!  I am still not out of it.


But the reading goes on to say:

THEREFORE, do not throw away your confidence; it will have great recompense!  


God added:  

You need endurance in order to do My will, and receive what I promise. Hold to CONFIDENCE in My promises.  Look into the future and act on THAT instead of what appears now!  For after a brief moment I WILL come, I WILL NOT DELAY!

My friends, I know this is for you too! Pray with confidence!  We will all end up exactly where we are supposed to be.







 

2 comments:

  1. Terrie,

    The word CONFIDENCE keeps coming up for me. Just recently, I read Francis McNutt's book on How to Pray for Healing. In it, he says we must pray with CONFIDENCE and an expectant attitude of FAITH when praying for healing of someone. Love you, JoJo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that comment Jo! Remember when we were at the Conference in St Louis with Father DeGrandis, and he told us always to ask for children to pray with us, because they pray with so much more confidence that our Heavenly Father is going to answer!

    ReplyDelete