Friday, February 4, 2011

Thoughts about asking for prayers!

This morning, as I was praying special prayers for my children, I found myself caught up in this:

me:  

Lord, Abba, 
You gave us the Perfect Gift in Your Son Jesus Christ!  
Jesus, You gave us the Perfect Gift, the Holy Spirit to be in us and with us forever!  Heaven!
Why would we hesitate to believe that ALL good things, 
very small in comparison, 
ALL good things--
peripheral to the ENORMOUS PERFECT GIFT 
would not be given also?!

Yet You also will that we, 
and the angels and saints 
play a part in the goodness, 
not simply sit back and watch You do it, 
but we all get to play a little part in it.
I sense that as I have been praying for the family to be more tightly bonded, You are answering that prayer by changing me and giving me more unconditional love for them all. That will naturally bring us all closer.


God:

Learn your Father's ways, 
like Jesus learning carpentry from Joseph,
and you learning from your father --
about oil wells, about snakes and spiders, about electricity and table saws, etc. From Carl, you learned to embrace it all, to fix a wall or a faucet without fear.

Well, from Me, you ALL learn My ways,
and get to participate in the love, the healings, the good works --

You pray for each other,
you stand for each other,
you serve each other,
and share faith with each other!

And you ALL continue when you enter eternity --
Constantly, you all get to continue the work of the Kingdom, 
sharing, healing, helping, praying!

That's the way it goes!
That's why I want you to ask the saints on earth for prayers,
for help, for companionship.
It's all part of heaven!
And it's why I want you to ask the Saints and angels already in heaven also!
Heavenly life isn't just sitting there receiving from My Beatific Vision --
It's also giving by interceding for you all on earth.

How could you all be so filled with My Godhead,
and NOT overflow to the friends you still love on earth?

You have no idea how people in heaven have been part of blessing you all along the way.  Family members who still love you from eternity, and My Mother and the saints and angels!!
Embrace them all, the way you embrace your sisters and brothers in Christ here.

No comments:

Post a Comment