Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Persevere

This morning I got a "God Echo."  My friend Father Steve R said once that when you hear the same thing echoed two or three times, pay attention, because it's usually a message from God.

Today it was PERSEVERE.  First, in one meditation book, the quote was to "forget what lies behind, and press on to what lies ahead."
What I "heard" was that when our souls are weary and our faith tends to fail, PRESS ON.  I wondered about this, because, while I am usually feeling "weary" with everything in life, today I was feeling pretty good.

The next words I read sparked this little message from Jesus:

Stay focused on Me.
Lift your gaze to heaven, and deepen your grasp what I did for you.

Persevere
Don't be afraid, don't get paranoid.
When things are easy or difficult, keep your focus.

Desire for Me, 
Focus on Me will eclipse your problems
Trust in My mercy overcomes your fears, your sins, your guilt.
So you can run the race without stopping.

I am close to you all day long.

It occurred to me that perhaps someone else might need this thought today, so I am putting it out there.  I am going to be focusing today.  

I welcome your thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment