Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Heaven on Earth

All the way to heaven IS heaven, I was reminded this morning!  Even the yucky stuff.

Yesterday I had an divine appointment with a friend and God!  Neither of us expected it -- it wasn't planned -- in fact, I hadn't planned even to be in that spot, yet unexpectedly we found ourselves alone and uninterrupted.  In that sacred moment, I shared stuff, she shared stuff, and we took our problems together to the Lord!  Moments like that are just amazing to me, that God sets it all up, and there you are, sharing faith and feelings, comforting, bonding in His love, and letting the moment heal us!  

That visit (God gave us more than an hour!) was a little piece of heaven, and I am so grateful. We shared the good, the bad and the ugly, I am reminded again this morning of the quote I read in a book months ago:

Someday, this too will be a pleasure to recall.

Hard to think that the worst things we experience fall into this category...but they DO! To believe this is really to trust God, isn't it?

My friend Mary Jo has a favorite prayer she prays daily: 

Dear God, thank You for my life EXACTLY as it is.

This morning, I heard a little heart message for my new faith-sharing friend, and I know it's for us all:

Go to Mass as often as possible.
Let it be your ICU ward when you are in pain.

You go to Mass with all your brokenness and sin, and offer it with the gifts on the altar.

There is no room in the words of the liturgy for your moods and emotions, 
but in the Mass, all the focus is on the PRIMARY TRUTH of My perfect love and perfect sacrifice.
You give yourself into My Hands totally, 
and receive yourself back transformed and consecrated.

So now, of course, I need to get dressed and over to daily Mass myself! :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment