Saturday, January 29, 2011

Saving the world through our gifts.

Hello!  

Thursday and Friday everything worked out for mother's little lawsuit.  All because of Josh and his goodness. Josh always wanted to be a superhero when he was little, and in my eyes, he has accomplished his goal.

He knew I was crazy and busy with our last weeks of wedding planning.  He did some calling around, found a lawyer in the county where the suit is filed, talked to him on the phone about the whole thing, and yesterday that lawyer did what was necessary at this point for mother. So Josh called me in the morning to say it was done.  I will be glad to get the bill in the mail, whatever it is!

I know that God's will is for us to take what talents and gifts we have been given, and use them to make the world better.  I have confidence that Josh will be doing this all his life. 

Jerry always joked about wanting to "save the world through mathematics."  Actually, that's what we are all called to do.  To "save the world through you-name-your-gift."  People tell me that mine is encouragement through story-telling.  With a little prayerful thought, each of us could name the unearned gift(s) that God has given us, with this end in mind -- to help others, to spread the good news of faith, or hope, or charity!

I look at you, my friends, and I see the gifts!  The gift of intercession, the gift of perseverance, the gift of laughter, the gift of entertainment, the gift of serenity, the gift of faithful friendship.  

Today I thank God for all of the gifts He so generously has bestowed in all the people He has created!  All for the good of the rest of us!  Alleluia!

No comments:

Post a Comment