Friday, March 25, 2011

Simple Obedience

It's been interesting since I DECIDED to change my heart! :-)

I emailed good friends to see about getting together, and before the first day was even started, another friend called to ask me to meet her at a fast food place for lunch that very day.

That afternoon, a couple young mothers at the theater started chatting, and we all went into a faith sharing moment!


The next day, a sweet mom hung around a little after dropping off her little one for class, and it happened again.

Of course, the next day Gabi's mom came in for Gabi's classes, and I had to tell her about the blog, and how Gabi inspired me. We were both close to tears with that!

God is so sweet!  He asks me to do something (like just shake off  the self-pity and reach out to the people you love and need) and then He gives you a hundredfold in return.

I guess the lessons are always simple.  Obedience to His urgings turns into JOY.  Just like little Gabi was so joy-filled when she lifted her arms that day and said "I just decided to change my heart."  


That's how I feel today.  


No---life is not perfect, not by a long shot, but simple obedience to His will gives such SIMPLE JOY.


Do you have a story like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment